Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36536
This Administrative Assistant for Annual Giving and Membership will directly support the Director of Annual Giving and Membership by serving as the administrative support person for daily activities and major projects on the Annual Giving and Membership team.
This person will interact regularly with alumni, donors, students, faculty, staff, and other constituents surrounding information that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality. Key attributes for success are to be a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. Candidates should be able to assist the AGM team, Mizzou Alumni Association and all visitors by handling office tasks, providing professional assistance via phone, mail and email, and being a helpful and positive presence in the office.
The successful candidate should be professional, polite, while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. The candidate must be comfortable and knowledgeable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both written and verbal communication. Most importantly, the candidate should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Provide excellent organizational and project management support for the Annual Giving and Membership team within Mizzou Advancement and the Mizzou Alumni Association
- Perform general administrative duties to include receiving visitors, answering telephones, filing, copying and opening/distributing mail, processing invoices, membership payments, donations and reimbursements, assist with small- and large-scale mailings and occasional event support, transcribing meeting minutes and making travel arrangements
- Provide customer and internal support through CRM alumni database software and iModules (provider of alumni website)
- Serve as the main point of contact for inquiries to the Annual Giving and Membership team
- Respond to inquiries and feedback, through email, phone, and in person
- Handle all aspects of Traditions Plaza Brick program
- Customer service calls and emails
- Ordering and installation with the vendor
- No degree or experience required
- Helpful experience would be customer service, budget reconciliation, People Soft, coordinating small- and large-scale mailings
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and general office equipment
- Training provided on specialty functions and reporting
Salary Range: $13.27 - $18.50 per hour
GGS Grade: 6
University Title: Office Support Assistant IV
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Monday thru Friday 8-5Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills
- Manage time, organize duties/assignments, and set priorities to meet multiple deadlines
- Self-starter who works well independently and has excellent judgment and attention to detail
Applicants who submit a cover letter along with a resume and university application will be prioritized.Other Information Established in 1839, the University of Missouri knows what it means to be first. We were the first public university west of the Mississippi River. We are home to the world’s first journalism school. We started the tradition of homecoming. As a flagship, land-grant institution and one of only 65 universities across the U.S. and Canada to be a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we are a campus where empathy, innovation and hard work combine to solve the world’s grand challenges. Our community of students, faculty and staff enhances bovine reproduction, composes award-winning music and generates life-saving radioisotopes in the most powerful university research reactor in the country. We tackle diverse problems because Missouri is a diverse state — from the southern Ozarks to the northern plains. We are Mizzou, where Black and Gold runs deep and Truman the Tiger embodies our bold spirit.Mizzou Advancement strives for national prominence in fundraising, alumni involvement and talent management. With this in mind, we commit to a culture of excellence through:
TEAMWORK: We achieve ambitious goals by doing the right thing and helping our teammates.
PASSION: commit to continuous improvement and we embrace the spirit of Mizzou with joy and inspiration.
ENGAGEMENT: build meaningful relationships with Mizzou family and friends to support and advance the university.
To learn more about how University of Missouri supports inclusion, diversity & equity through our Inclusive Excellence Framework and MU Advancement please visit the University of Missouri’s Division for Inclusion, Diversity & Equity and Advancement through The Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity.
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: