MSW Core Faculty
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Pacific Oaks College is proud to announce faculty positions for the Bachelor and Master of Social Work programs. These programs will be housed in Pacific Oaks’ School of Cultural & Family Psychology, alongside our 20+ year old CA Board of Behavioral Sciences accredited Masters of Marriage Family Therapy program, the Master of Arts in Cultural & Family Studies, and the Bachelor of Community Psychology program. Pacific Oaks College is accredited with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
As a full-time Faculty member, you'll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge online technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. Candidates should be highly motivated and passionate about teaching social work competencies by providing exceptional quality instruction in an online environment. Teaching graduate and undergraduate courses and support department activity in the BSW and MSW Programs.
Pacific Oaks College and the School of Cultural & Family Psychology is seeking a committed and enthusiastic person who supports the Core Values adopted by faculty, along with being dedicated to ensuring the College’s mission of anti-oppression.
Other responsibilities outlined in the current Faculty Supplemental Manual, including scholarship, service, advising, and committee work.
This position is based on our Pasadena campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This is a 12-month faculty position.
- The MSW Core Faculty will work closely with the MSW Program Director to advise and support MSW students.
- Core Faculty lead the assessment process for their respective programs.
- This position will work closely to create, oversee and manage the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Core Faculty act as the subject matter experts and serve as lead faculty over several courses.
- The Core Faculty member must have full command of the subject and an understanding of its relationship to other areas of knowledge, in addition they will ensure Course content is current.
- Core Faculty also will ensure all syllabi have an up-to-date bibliography.
- They will also maintain each course have professional competencies in the course.
- Teaching 24-credits in an academic year;
- Overseeing curriculum development;
- Work collaboratively with Director of Field Education for field placements;
- Participate in Faculty Council and required Standing Committees;
- Participate in WSCUC and CSWE accreditation;
- lead and coordinate of student learning assessment;
- Stay current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Participate in curriculum design & development
- Actively support and participate in: The current Strategic Plan, Annual Goals, Faculty Core Values and other College/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participate in Faculty Council and Standing Committees
- Assist the Dean and Program Director in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provide leadership to adjunct faculty
- Actively engagement in professional development activities
- And, other activities related to the teaching and learning for Pacific Oaks College.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds in higher education
- Knowledge of and experience with social justice activities to enhance already established program focus
- Demonstrated ability to model social work professional values and ethics, and to work effectively with colleagues
- Evidence of effective provision of both clinical and non-clinical content in the areas of individuals, families and groups; and/or, Evidence of effective community and organizational engagement
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable and experienced with CSWE-accreditation
- Doctorate degree in Social Work or related field (psychology, behavioral health, sociology, etc.)
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited institution
- Two (2) years of post-MSW practice experience
- Five years of teaching experience in higher education in social work or related fields, preferably in an online modality
- Licensed (LCSW) or license-eligible in State of residence
- Direct experience evaluating learner achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching across multiple modalities
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Item: N/A
- $ per Year: 0
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS:
- Peers, co-workers
- Communication, disseminating information
- Communication, disseminating information
- Computer/laptop, webcam, projector, whiteboard
- Travel to the Pasadena campus for program reviews and other meetings may be necessary.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – O
- Lifting/carrying 11 - 20 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – O
- Sitting – C
- Standing – O
- Bending – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – F
- Typing/keyboarding/ten-key – C
- Fine handling/grasping – O
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.