Research Methods and Healthcare Outcomes
Job location: Wichita, KS
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-27
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Pre-clinical Education this role will function as member of KHSC-KansasCOM faculty to promote research skills in KHSC-KansasCOM, mentor students in research and quality improvement, and promote positive healthcare outcomes in patients served by KHSC
- Develop and facilitate delivery of research didactic presentations, facilitate small group research and quality improvement sessions, and mentor students in quality improvement projects and research for OSM I and OSM II students.
- Provide statistical support for proposed research projects by KHSC-KansasCOM students
- Mentor students in scholarly activity presentation (Publications/Poster sessions/Oral presentations)
Research and Scholarly Activity 20%
- Oversee community-based research in healthcare outcomes for underserved patient populations
- Mentor KHSC-KansasCOM faculty in community-based research
- Participate in student interviewing, mentorship, and career counseling
- Foster a positive culture amongst the students, faculty, and KHSC-KansasCOM staff.
- Serve on selected committees at the discretion of the Dean.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
A research leader with a track record of proven effective academic experience in research, healthcare quality improvement, and scholarly activity education.
- Three years or greater experience in research
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies
- Experience in teaching foundational concepts in research.
- Experience serving as a research mentor
- Experience in publication/national presentations.
- Leadership abilities in influencing and shaping performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to contribute to organizational growth and development
- Strong knowledge base in research
- Strong team & people management skills
- Strong, effective, and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent service skills relevant to supervisor, peers, direct reports, medical students, and faculty
- Budget management experience
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.