Director of Simulation
Job location: Wichita, KS
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-27
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Skills Training this role will function as member of a collaborative simulation team that will provide simulation education to the students of the Kansas Health Science Center (KHSC) - Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KansasCOM).
- Collaboratively with KHSC- KansasCOM faculty, develop and facilitate delivery of simulation educational and assessment experiences
- Assists in the selection of simulation mannequins/software/hardware to support simulation curriculum needs
- Oversees maintenance of simulation equipment and software
- Works with KHSC-KansaCOM faculty to develop simulation scenarios, simulation exercises and student education, and simulation debrief sessions
- Continuously assesses the performance and educational content of the simulation-based programs
- Develops schedules and utilizes on-line tools for schedules, training sessions
- Collaboratively with KHSC- KansasCOM faculty, develop and facilitate of a standardized patient educational and assessment experiences
- Recruits, trains, and schedules standardized patients
- Develops and oversees Standardized Patient (SP) protocols, applications and tools used for (SP) Simulation Center training
- Develops schedules and utilizes on-line tools for schedules, training sessions, classes workshops and other activities
- Works with KHSC-KansaCOM faculty to develop standardized patient scenarios
Research and Scholarly Activity 10%
- Present and publish simulation and standardized patient educational processes and student outcomes
- Oversees simulation center budget
- Foster a positive culture amongst the students, faculty, and KHSC-KansasCOM staff.
- Serve on selected committees at the discretion of the Dean.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Three years or greater experience in medical education simulation
- Master’s degree, Nursing degree
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies
- Leadership abilities in influencing and shaping performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to contribute to organizational growth and development
- Familiarity with AOA COCA requirements
- Strong, effective, and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent service skills relevant to supervisor, peers, direct reports, medical students, and faculty
- Budget management experience
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.