Job location: Wichita, KS
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
Kansas Health Science Center is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team.
The Executive Assistant will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support within a fast-paced environment to the President’s Office..
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manages calendars, including drafting and preparing meeting agendas, briefing notes and corresponding materials
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations for external events and internal meetings
- Coordinates travel to include making airline and hotel reservations, arrange ground transportation, prepare itineraries, and assure smooth travel experiences
- Handles work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy as well as a practice knowledge of the practices and procedures of the System and its affiliates and programs
- Coordinates and make arrangement for conferences, meetings and events, including travel plans
- Answers telephone calls, determines priorities, prepares responses, and/or responds in an appropriate and timely fashion
- Works closely with the President to ensure that all projects assigned to direct reports are completed on or before deadlines assigned. Ensures that the status of all assigned projects are up to date
- Supports the President’s Office in the preparation and coordination of board of director meetings including minute taking, board communication, and attending each board meeting as on-ground support
- Completes and manages special projects and reports as needed
- Be responsive, quick-thinking, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet competing deadlines
- High level of reliability, discernment, and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports
- Demonstration of strong customer service skills and ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships
- Technical Skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Web applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years related experience required, at least 3 years’ experience working as an administrative assistant to senior level executives is desired
- Experience working in higher education a plus
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.