Director of Admissions
Job location: Wichita, KS
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-03
KHSC- KansasCOM is currently seeking a Director of Admissions to manage and facilitate operations regarding admissions and support processes. This role will report directly to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Services.
The Director of Admissions serves as the primary leader in the KHSC-KansasCOM Office of Admissions. The Director of Admissions designs and implements a wide range of enrollment management functions and services, including but not limited to, all enrollment strategies and tactics. In addition, the Director of Admissions will oversee the day-to-day management of the department and plays an important leadership role in the Office of Student Affairs and Services, working directly with the Director of Student Affairs, Registrar, and Director of Financial Aid in a leadership capacity. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, collaborative, and mission-driven to support KHSC students and initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and develops all strategies and outreach efforts to successfully attract and recruit prospective student candidates to achieve enrollment goals.
- Collaborates with marketing to ensure the development and production of student recruitment literature/media.
- Achieves enrollment goals by utilizing student information and other data management systems to report and evaluate information and create data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Provides the day-to-day leadership over operations and the management of the admissions staff including hiring, coaching, and mentoring to ensure admissions department staff development to achieve enrollment goals.
- Effectively oversees the lifecycle of the student application through matriculation.
- Facilitates the execution of interview days, including deciding whether the interview day will be virtual or in-person, choosing interview dates, identifying and selecting candidates to invite, overseeing the implementation of logistics and communications for the interview day, providing guidance/assistance in the assigning of interviewers, communicating with department heads and faculty, corresponding with student candidates, duties as assigned.
- Directs and assists in processing of student applications, responding to prospective student inquiries monitoring distribution of forms, and providing information for all programs.
- Manages the department’s budget and ensures adherence to policy and procedures.
- Works on the Student Affairs Leadership Team (SALT) with leaders of the Offices of the Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Affairs to meet goals and ensure that KHSC-KansasCOM is student focused.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities, while managing stressful deadlines, with a focus on positive results.
- Knowledge of legal issues in enrollment management/higher education and a demonstrated commitment to advocating for diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism are essential
- Analytical and critical-thinking skills required to assess situations and determine the best method of dealing with such issues based on KHSC policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in admissions, with demonstrated progressive professional growth.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel to medical school related recruitment fairs and national conferences
Normal office environment.
- Regular use of a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties
- Regular use of hands and arms for repetitive motions
- Regular periods of sitting
- Regular periods of standing/walking
- Occasional ability to lift or move up to 10 pounds
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.