ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, IS&T Administrative Systems
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, IS&T Administrative SystemsTracking Code0419 Job Description
The Assistant Director will lead and direct a team of technology professionals in the application administration, application security, and software development lifecycle.
The Assistant Director works on multiple, complex issues as a project leader and a subject matter expert primarily in Web, mobile development, and content management systems.
Key activities include:
- Management and oversight of the full SDLC process within domain applications through intake, change management and approval, training, and application administration and security.
- Implementation of software development projects and programs, technical and functional support for project and operations IT professionals, and fostering leadership and team-building activities.
- The Assistant Director will also play a key role in developing, defining, and driving the long-term strategy for the BU.edu program.
- Manage day-to-day operational activities for all applications/services in scope and escalate any issues related to services, vendor performance, and customer satisfaction as is appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree with more than 8 years of experience, or a Master’s with 5-8 years of experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent oral and written communicator
- Effective at interfacing with senior management and clients
- Able to recruit and support diverse web developers
- Highly motivated, exceptionally organized, and able to move projects forward independently
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- An innovative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Effective at managing distributed teams and virtual technology including video conferencing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular