ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR,WBUR Program & Production
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR,WBUR Program & ProductionTracking Code3219 Job Description
WBUR is seeking an Assistant Managing Editor of Arts to lead a deeply creative, collaborative and ambitious team of journalists covering the rich arts and cultural landscape throughout Massachusetts, with an emphasis on exposing a greater diversity of expression, artists, and communities. The Assistant Managing Editor of Arts develops and oversees innovative storytelling and narrative establishing a unique identity. The Assistant Managing Editor of Arts is responsible for all aspects of supervising their team. Candidates should have experience with and be passionate about mentoring and coaching journalists at all experience levels, and hold a commitment to growing skills and supporting career development. This is a robust multiplatform team, and the role is responsible for the vision, strategy, promotion and presence of the teams journalism across platforms, including broadcast, online, social media, and in the live space. The Assistant Managing Editor of Arts also oversees a roster of freelance contributors. The Assistant Managing Editor of Arts will work with the Managing Editor as well as the rest of the newsroom leadership team on planning and overall newsroom strategy.
- Conceptualize, research, plan, produce, edit and supervise editorial coverage on broadcast and digital platforms.
- Research and set long-term editorial agenda and identity for the arts and culture team, focusing on specific areas of coverage and team growth.
- Work with Managing Editor and other WBUR managers across station, from Marketing to Development, to strategize on team development and set ambitious editorial direction.
- Communicate clearly with team members to reach team objectives, foster employee growth and maintain a respectful, healthy work culture.
- Monitor employee development and cultivate a culture of collaboration and encouragement.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- At least ten years of journalism experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular