Assistant Director, Ticketing Services
Job no: 495606
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Event Support
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Supervise box office operations, manage events using computerized ticketing software, distribute and account for daily ticket sales as well as group and season tickets and work with event promoters. Oversee Box Office staff.Level Scope:
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.Essential Functions:
60% of the Time the Ticketing Services, Manager must:
● Manage day-to-day box office operations, implement and maintain box office standards.
● Hire, schedule, train and supervise box office staff including daily and event staff.
● Deliver a high level of customer service at all times including responding to inquiries from patrons regarding ticket needs, complaints and other issues.
● Reconcile sales reports, payments and generate weekly deposit report.
● Evaluate and set box office policies and procedures.
● Ensure compliance with system controls and cash handling procedures.
● Facilitate specialized ticketing campaigns, supervise group ticketing process for events as needed; group sales prospecting and sales.
● Assist Promoters and other Stakeholders, act as primary liaison for local groups for ticketing.
● Prepare final audits and other reports for settlement.
● May include preparing rental event licensing contracts, track event contract deadlines, deposits and collection, insurance, etc. and ensure deliverables meet University requirements.
● Supervise temporary, part-time students and event worker staff.
Box Office Management
• Perform all duties related to ticketing including, but not limited to, supplies/inventory management, sales, exchanges, and refunds
• Serve as lead in hiring, training and supervising new ticket sellers
• Perform daily reconciliation of cash/credit sales and produce bank deposits when necessary
• Co-manage installation, maintenance and upgrades for all technical software and hardware related to the box office
• Troubleshoot and service IT related matters related to the box office within a reasonable scope
• Co-manage Arena lifetime member records and ticketing functions
• Resolve ticketing problems and customer complaints
• Perform access control resolution on event days
Show Builds (As directed by and working in conjunction with the Associate Director, Ticketing & Guest Services)
• Identify show configurations, manifests and sellable numbers based on production/show-specific information
• Build manifest-specific shows using the automated ticketing software
• Build and add show components to an event to include fees, unique offers, promotions, restrictions, etc.
• Scale and/or rescale the Arena to denote specified price levels
• Kill/hold appropriate seats per event scaling
• Place, document and manage holds
• Coordinate and manage event pre-sales, on sales and group sales activities
• Balance all sales and produce legally binding final reports for show settlements
Guest Services Management
• Assist Associate Director, Ticketing & Guest Services in the development and implementation of customer service standards and best practices regarding all aspects of a patron’s experience such as purchasing a ticket, parking and accessing the Arena, interacting with Guest Services staff, etc.
• Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and management of Guest Services staff as necessary
• Maintain knowledge of current/upcoming events and marketing department promotions
• Maintain positive relationships with all internal and external partners to include, but not limited to: Arena staff, clients, customers, promoters, Athletics staff and ticketing service providers
• Assist in event management duties that may or may not include box office specific duties; function as part of a team and autonomously as the primary event manager/liaison
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with difficult people including promoters, staff and patrons to provide excellent customer service while maintaining a professional demeanor.
● Ability to work efficiently, prioritize tasks and multi-task in a busy environment while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude.
● Ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate with others
● Ability to interpret and enforce University and box office policies and procedures.
● Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
● Ability to demonstrate and train others in exceptional Customer Service Skills
● Ability to use positive language, time management, to ‘read’ customers, calming presence, goal-oriented focus, ability to handle surprises, persuasion, tenacity, closing ability, empathy, willingness to learn, friendly, polite, respectful, active listening, responsive and seek feedback.
● Proficient in Excel, Word and email software, Strong ability to learn new software and explore new applications of existing software.
● Knowledge of or experience with box office or related work and computerized ticketing software.
● Knowledge of or experience with supervisory role.
● Ability to manage daily decision-making authority, primarily pertaining to customer service issues.
● Ability to plan event builds, e.g., decide how to scale/price sections and where to place holds.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent professional experience.Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary for this position is $48,068.00 and is commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Advertised: May 3, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: May 9, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time