Part-Time IT Helpdesk
Part-Time/Extra HelpJob Title:
Part-Time IT HelpdeskClassification Title:
Part-Time Extra Help ASUBCampus Location:
ASU BeebeJob Description:
To be a successful Help Desk Technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance. Provide consistent and reliable IT functionality across the ASU-Beebe campus. You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Respond to queries on the phone, via email, in person, or through remote access
2. Offer technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software
3. Enter information into the Helpdesk ticket system
4. Follow Service Level Agreements (SLA) as defined in the IT guidelines
5. Maintain professionalism when working with clients
6. Escalate tickets to the next level as needed
7. Escalate complaints to the next level as needed
8. Be on time and dressed appropriately (business casual)
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.Required Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED
• IT experience preferred but not required.
• A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
• Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• An openness to learning new technologies.
$11.00 per hourStand:
regularlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feel:
regularlyReach with hands and arms:
regularlyClimb or balance:
occasionallyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
occasionallyTalk or Hear:
frequentlyTaste or smell:
occasionallyUp to 10 pounds:
frequentlyUp to 25 pounds:
regularlyUp to 100 pounds:
occasionallyDoes this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.:
Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focusBackground Check Statement:
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check Requirements:
BothASU Beebe EEO Statement :
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting Number:
05/17/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Note: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.