Administrative Specialist II-Financial Aid
Administrative Specialist II-Financial AidClassification Title:
Administrative Specialist IICampus Location:
ASU BeebeJob Description:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Arkansas State University – Beebe, Beebe campus is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant II to support the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office supports the mission and values of the College by assisting students with their educational related expenses. The Financial Aid Office teams with other campus offices in its efforts to serve students. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a working knowledge of Microsoft programs. It requires the ability to pay close attention to details, perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions,solve problems, and accept and implement change. Some knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs is helpful; though, we will provide training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. In a student friendly and professional manner, address general inquiries via phone, email, or walk-ins from students, ASU – Beebe employees, and the general public.
2. Utilize discretion and tack at all times when assisting students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
3. Direct phone calls and walk-ins as appropriate.
4. Performs a variety of administrative/clerical or technical duties, including collecting, date stamping and filing of all received documents.
5. Proof read student documents to ensure they are complete.
6. Manage student documents in the CampusManagement Student Nexus System and scan documents into WebX.
7. Schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, and maintain calendar for the financial aid office and Financial Aid Director.
8. Assist the Director of Financial Aid in the management of ASU – Beebe’s financial aid web page.
9. Inventory and order supplies.
10. Assist with financial aid reports as needed.
11. Prepare appeals document for committee meetings & notify students of outcome & monitor students who were approved.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
High school, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; E.G. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position serves in a high traffic office environment that requires the ability to multi-task, work independently with strong attention to detail with minimum of supervision. Strong experience in computer applications including Micro Soft Office, Word, Excel is required. Some overtime may be required.Minimum Salary or Salary Range:
regularlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feel:
regularlyReach with hands and arms:
regularlyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
occasionallyTalk or Hear:
continuouslyUp to 10 pounds:
occasionallyUp to 25 pounds:
occasionallyDoes this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.:
Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Ability to adjust focusBackground Check Statement:
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check Requirements:
BothASU Beebe EEO Statement :
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting Number:
05/03/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Note: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.