Senior Financial Aid Specialist
Implements and coordinates services specific to veteran students. Assists students in obtaining financial aid, and acts as a liaison between applicants and various financial aid institutions.
1. Manages the VCIP (Veteran Cost of Instruction Program) Award, including application and reporting procedures and coordination with the Administration and Business Office.
2. Oversees the processing of all current or prospective veterans forms and paperwork for the Veterans Administration, Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs, and the State Approval Agency.
3. Communicates with veteran students and federal and state administrative agencies.
4. Advises students and parents on available financial aid sources for programs such as: Pell
Grant, Illinois State Grant, Supplemental Equal Opportunity Grant, Work Study, scholarships, and student loans.
5. Assesses and notifies students of eligibility for all types of federal and state financial aid,
packages types to be awarded.
6. Assists students with completion of necessary paperwork and provides necessary direction with regard to proper course selection, grant, and scholarship guidelines.
7. Assures that grants are applied against recipients' tuition balance, and initiates grant refund process.
8. Accounting for Veteran's caseload, shares proportionately to verify students' eligibility for grants, review applications, fees, etc., and verifies accuracy of all paperwork submitted by applicants.
9. Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid.
10. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Associate of Arts degree or two years related experience.
1. One year of experience with veterans benefits, financial aid programs, or business/accounting.