Evaluates and certifies student transcripts to verify that graduation requirements have been met, and to process equivalency of transfer credits. Acts as certifying official for international students.
1. Evaluates incoming transcripts from college and universities within and outside of the United States to determine transfer credit equivalencies.
2. Certifies, on behalf of the College, that all requirements for degrees and certificates have been met.
3. Coordinates specific transcript problems with Academic Chairpersons and Deans.
4. Supplies documentation for and recommends action on departmental petition requests.
5. Awards credit for military training and completes documentation in accordance with the SOCAD agreement.
6. Reviews and updates academic requirements for degree audit software.
7. Verifies advanced placement test scores and awards applicable credit.
8. Recommends approval for petitions for graduation deadline extensions.
9. Orders and distributes diplomas and certificates, ensuring their accuracy.
10. Maintains accurate records of previous graduates.
11. Writes and issues letters of completion for recent graduates.
12. Assists with commencement preparation and activities.
13. Monitors inventory of diploma covers, mailers, evaluation sheets and international student documents; recommends reorder amounts.
14. Coordinate all aspects of the international student admission process, including:
a. Writes and issues verification letters for international students.
b. Acts as certifying official for international students, approving and issuing immigration form 20 for issuance of F-1 student visa.
c. Serves as liaison between the College and the Department of Immigration and Naturalization.
d. Verifies documentation for international student admissions.
e. Authorizes work permits, practical training, and requests for vacation travel for international students.
f. Monitors status of international students: logs and reports inconsistencies. Restricts students in noncompliance.
g. Determines appropriate tuition category for non-United States citizens based on review of documentation.
15. Provides on call recommendations to students, advisors, counselors and staff regarding course transferability.
16. Writes appropriate departmental correspondence.
17. Maintains and monitors reporting for international and graduating students and transcript evaluations using Excel and Recruit/Colleague system.
18. Serves on various institutional committees.
19. May train and supervise hourly and/or student staff.
20. Performs other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelor's degree
1. Two (2) years experience in an educational setting