Program Evaluation Specialist
The Program Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive plan for evaluating the entire portfolio of West Virginia State University Extension programs. Demonstrating innovative and creative leadership, the specialist will evaluate programs and report outcomes and impacts for various programmatic efforts to a broad range of audiences, to inform and guide continuous program improvement. The specialist will work to build the capacity of Extension Educators to integrate evaluation into the culture and practice of programs, enhancing the value of Extension programming. This position is employed by the West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Evaluation Specialist include:
- Design and select tools and templates for use by individuals and teams to conduct program evaluation, manage the evaluation of methodology, and logic model development.
- Provide technical support to Extension staff regarding program design and evaluation.
- Monitor and analyze program outcomes to document impact and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
- Design and conduct assessments of programs within Extension.
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead efforts to build assessment and evaluation capacity within Extension through in-service educational programs related to Extension program accountability and evaluation to WVSU Extension staff, program partners, and volunteers.
- Analyze data and prepare evaluation reports for local, regional, and national Extension stakeholders.
- Work with the Extension and Research Station Communications team to develop strategies for communicating the mission and effectiveness of West Virginia State University Extension program.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Director of Extension.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Skills and Traits
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative analysis, research methodology and reporting of data, using computer applications in the evaluation of education programs and activities.
- Evidence of having effectively evaluated educational programs and activities.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and professionally multiple program areas.
- Skills working in informal educational settings, interpersonal skills, the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and clientele, and to work as an active member of a team.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as computer proficiency.
- A commitment to professional development.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Able to work autonomously
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency: Oral and written.
- Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to bend and stoop. The employee is frequently required to lift and carry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summer schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. However, due to the nature of the job performed, flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and occasional overnights, may be required.
Travel to Extension program sites throughout the state of West Virginia is expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. / Ed.D. required from an accredited intuition of higher education in consumer economics, agricultural economics, statistics, family and/or youth development, educational psychology or a closely related field.
- The degree must incorporate evaluation methodologies and a minimum of three (3) years of professional evaluation and assessment experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Individual needs to be self-motivated, out-going, able to work in a team environment. Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and occasional overnights required. Valid driver’s license in good standing. The ability to lift and carry 65 pounds. Must be eligible to work in the Unites States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position is designated as security-sensitive. Before an offer of employment is made, a pre-employment background investigation will be completed, which may include a criminal background check, educational, DMV and prior employment.
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
Preferred: Information accepted as emailed in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to [email protected]. Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter, resumé or Curriculum Vitae, unofficial transcript and contact information for three professional references (name, title, address, phone number, and email address).
Hard copy applications may be sent to:
ATTN: Search Committee for Program Evaluation Specialist
West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation
PO Box 1000
201 ACEOP Admin. Bldg.
Institute, WV 25112
West Virginia State University is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution. No person shall be denied admission to educational program, activities or employment on the basis of any legally protected status, or be subjected to prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be made to provide this content into an alternate accessible format. Please contact Carla Boggess at (304) 766-4278 or [email protected]
Concerns and complaints related to bias or equal opportunity in education and in employment based on aspects of diversity protected under federal, state, and local law, or arising under Title IX should be directed to: Carolyn Stuart, EEO Officer, at (304) 204-4018.
Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Program Evaluation Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly