Child Development Aide II
This position performs advanced level childcare duties under the supervision of a Child Development Specialist (Lead Teacher) and may be responsible for the classroom in absence of the Lead Teacher.
Duties of this position include,
- Providing physical care for infants, toddlers and/or preschool aged children
- Physical care may include diapering, toilet training, feeding and meal assistance, hand washing, and teaching how to dress themselves.
- Position may include providing physical care for preschool aged children including supervising dressing, hand washing, toileting, and general and dental hygiene.
- Responsible for providing and ensuring the physical safety of all children in the play or classroom area and escorting children to different designated play areas and activities.
- Assist in coordinating developmentally appropriate activities and lesson plans, and in preparing teacher materials.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as required, such as sweeping floors, cleaning tables and chairs, changing linens, washing toys, and washing and folding laundry.
- Supervises teacher aides in the absence of the Lead Teacher and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of accreditation and licensing regulations
- Able to lift small children (0 - 35 lbs.)
- Communicate orally and effectively with preschool children
High school diploma or GED and one year of experience working with young or preschool children in a child care setting. Successful completion of one year of college course work in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field may substitute for experience. Criminal background check required.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: College of Education & Human Development
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 05/31/21, 8:31:24 AM