Director of Annual & Reunion Giving
Position: Director of Annual & Reunion Giving Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 635 # of Openings: 1 Director of Annual and Reunion Giving Job OverviewReporting to the Vice President for Advancement, Vocation, and Alumni Engagement, the Director of Annual and Reunion Giving provides managerial oversight for all Wheaton Fund and reunion gift solicitation and stewardship efforts for the College, and leadership of a management team that oversees channel strategy, the student calling center, student philanthropy, leadership annual giving, reunion giving, giving day programs, loyalty programs, and events. The Director also provides budgetary management and oversight for the department, gives quarterly reports to the Board of Trustees, oversees donor relations activities, and manages the Presidential Advisory Board of Visitors. Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads all annual fundraising efforts for unrestricted funds from alumni, parents, and friends, planning the annual solicitation calendar, designing the segmentation and channel strategy, evaluating progress, and implementing new programs as appropriate.
- Manages all facets of the Board of Visitors (BOV) program, serving as the President’s first line of support and working closely with the BOV Chairperson; executes research on all BOV candidates; coordinates the selection and onboarding of new members; manages all details of bi-annual meetings; ensures members are recognized for their board service; ensures current/retired members receive College communications throughout the year.
- Provides strategic leadership for the annual giving and events teams, driving innovation, collaboration, and efficient execution for all events and programs, including WheatonGives, Wheaton Associates breakfasts, Scholarship programs, and Blanchard Society recognitions.
- Reports on the College’s unrestricted fundraising efforts, outcomes, and industry trends, and identifies required adjustments to accomplish fundraising and participation goals.
- Manages donor care and recognition, including the annual Advent Devotional mailing, serving as project manager, working closely with the President, freelance writers, Marketing Communications designers, and printers.
- Oversees the management of Wheaton’s Loyal Wheaties giving society, and special communications for the Wheaton Associates program, including the quarterly President’s Memorandum, Wheaton Associate anniversaries, and special appeals.
- Collaborates with the major gifts team and Vice President and oversees the Manager of Leadership Annual Giving to solicit mid-level and major gifts to the Wheaton Fund.
- Supervises the Manager of Leadership Annual Giving to develop a strong midlevel giving program and foster development of the Wheaton Associates program.
- Supervises the Manager of Annual and Reunion Giving Programs to develop and execute reunion gift strategy and cultivate the next generation of annual fund donors through student philanthropy and young alumni strategies.
- Supervises the Phonathon Manager, ensuring continued strategic use of the phone channel to achieve donor acquisition, renewal, and retention goals.
- Approves fundraising requests and external communications from various departments across campus, ensuring they reflect Wheaton’s commitment to fundraising excellence and do not conflict with the efforts of Advancement, Vocation, and Alumni Engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated fundraising, project management, writing, data analysis, and team leadership skills.
- Preference will be granted to those with experience in an educational advancement organization.
- A proactive and collaborative disposition and capacity to work across organizational boundaries.
- A call to advance God’s kingdom through financial generosity and Wheaton’s mission.