Sports Information Director
POSITION TITLE: Sports Information Director
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in athletic/sports communications, strategic communications (internal, external, public relations, web publishing, graphic design, and social media) and administrative support at the collegiate level.
- Previous NAIA/NCAA statistical reporting and communication work required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Effects, and Premiere), DakStat Software, and Content Management Systems.
- High level of organizational and strong communication skills required.
- Proficient with various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Event Brite), journalism, graphic design, news and feature writing, video editing, and photography.
- Position requires long hours and may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, frequently involves night and weekend hours.
- Attach up to 5 work samples (writing and graphic design) and a list of references to your application
- Plans and coordinates preparation and distribution of all athletic publications, including, but not limited to, game programs, media guides, weekly releases, game re-caps, and human interest stories.
- Maintains the athletic department website.
- Creates, develops, and produces all video content for the web including; digital media guides, pre-season outlooks, play of the games, game recaps, and film shorts.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes all necessary statistics, rosters, and results.
- Submits all NCAA & Conference mandates schedules, rosters, statistics, as well as, weekly nomination for various conference, regional, and national awards.
- Responds to information and interview requests from news media, conference offices, NCAA, and other sports information officers. Provide accurate and complete information in a timely manner.
- Staffs all athletic contests with necessary sports information personnel.
- Oversight of all department social media outlets—facebook, twitter, etc.
- Coordinates and oversees all audio and video streaming for events.
- Master of Ceremonies at various events.
- General responsibility for athlete recognition and awards.
- Nomination of student-athletes for post-season awards including, all-america, academic all-america, all-conference, and other regional awards.
- Liaison with campus marketing and communication offices.
- Updates and maintains Event Management Manual for Department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate, maintain, and publish monthly comprehensive schedules outlining all athletic events.
- Report stats, drat articles, and maintain the athletic website.
- Assist with drafting, designing, publishing and distributing marketing materials (print, digital and broadcast) and style guides.
- Assist the public relations office as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be entrepreneurial and can complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- Must be proficient with AP Style Guide and internal style guides.
- Sound work ethics
- A commitment to excellence and producing quality work
Apply for Sports Information Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly