Assistant Director of Alumni Volunteer Relations
Assistant Director of Alumni Volunteer Relations
Job Number: 89396
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Assistant Director of Alumni Volunteer Relations who, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Admission for Alumni Volunteer Relations, will work with alumni volunteers, faculty, students, the Office of Development, and assist with evaluating activities, programs, services, and communications that reach, serve, and engage alumni as well as assist with marketing, planning or managing all/part of alumni programs, events, educational opportunities, and/or other alumni initiatives.
Your responsibilities include:
- Recruiting volunteers to facilitate their leadership and participation in alumni volunteer programs and events.
- Developing contacts and maintaining relationships with alumni volunteers, students, staff, and vendors.
- Developing and implementing a range of alumni volunteer events, programs, and services.
- Coordinating operational and logistical planning of alumni volunteer events, activities, outreach efforts, volunteer leader recruitment, and event registration.
- Producing recruitment marketing material, writing newsletters, and overseeing distribution.
- Evaluating performance of alumni volunteer programs and services via the review or production of assessment tools.
- Recruiting and overseeing student speakers for events.
- Contributing to the preparation of training materials, leading training workshops (some travel required).
- Responding to alumni volunteer inquiries.
- Training and assisting colleagues.
- Serving as an admission officer by managing a territory for outreach and evaluation (including relevant travel to region); reading, evaluating and presenting applicants to committee for admission; participating in yield events including communications with admitted students; serving as Officer on Duty and presenting Discover Stanford information sessions; and assisting with other admission programs/processes as requested.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
In addition, requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years (4 years preferred) relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems (experience with Slate highly desirable).
- Demonstrated skills at building collaborative relationships with internal colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Professional presentation skills.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 3481
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89396
Location: Undergraduate Admissions: Financial Aid Office: Visitor Information Services, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency