Marketing & Communications Manager, Research Hub
Marketing & Communications Manager, Research Hub
Job Number: 89404
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
This position works in partnership with a fellow Research Hub Marketing and Communications Manager. Together, they lead and support a high-volume, rapid-pace, multi-stakeholder portfolio which includes a variety of marketing and communications projects with Research Hub constituent units (Behavioral Lab; Business Library; Convening, Programs, and Operations; Data Analytics and Research Computing; GSB China; and Research Initiatives and Labs) and select non-Research Hub units at Stanford.
The ideal candidate will balance in-house content creation experience (using MS Office, Google Apps, and Adobe CC) with the ability to source, scope, and direct strategic vendor services for the optimal combination of speed, quality, and cost. They will develop and steward relationships with staff and faculty in multiple areas and at multiple levels to achieve faculty objectives for research execution and dissemination in person, in print, and online. They will be familiar with content management frameworks like Drupal, as well as customer relationship systems like Salesforce and mass mailing platforms like Mailchimp, and research content management systems or academic digital repositories. They will contribute to a collaborative work environment and be able to bring stakeholders with divergent views to actionable consensus in service of our business goals. They will also have the courage to ask questions, share ideas, and try new ways of working.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Consult on, recommend, and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Advise program managers in developing communications and brand strategy.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities, track market trends, and conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Guide and enact event communications in partnership with events team and event owners
- Manage and build relationships with vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience. 5 - 8 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Prior experience in planning and managing multi-project budgets.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Knowledge of editorial practices including writing, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of graphic and general web design.
- Experience in web page authoring using content management systems, especially Drupal.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Adobe CC, Salesforce, and Mailchimp.
- Ability to build detailed project plans and get buy in from multiple stakeholders
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Ability to translate academic information into clear, accurate, and engaging prose.
- Familiarity with the event planning process and event marketing.
- Knowledge of research content management platforms
A resume and cover letter are required when you apply.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4893
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89404
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency