IT Assistant - Cartersville (Part-Time 27 hours)
This position will provide assistance to Information Technology Services (ITS) in the form of front-line support; assisting with help desk functions such as phone calls, emails, and walk-in clients. The position will also assist with administrative responsibilities, inventory, and lab maintenance on the Cartersville site and possibly on the Marietta Site.
- Provides primary tier-one technical support for telephone, walk-in, email, and queued voicemail requests for faculty, staff, and students.
- Assists GHC employees and students with account issues such as lost/expired passwords, wireless connectivity, multifactor authentication setup and issues, and investigates and resolves remote connection issues.
- Creates, resolves, and monitors support tickets for the IT ticketing system and escalates unresolved requests to appropriate IT subgroups.
- Assists in maintaining equipment inventory records including creating new records, and updating records as equipment is issued and returned and assists in the surplus process for antiquated IT equipment.
- Assists new GHC employees with the completion of IT portion of on-boarding.
- Creates repair orders and maintain records for replacement equipment for vendor hardware.
- Provides general clerical support for the Information Technology Division and coverage of the main IT phone line.
- Trains student workers on frontline support duties and procedures.
- Installs and updates software to GHC student-use computers and employee computers and coordinates with other IT personnel in order to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Assists with projects within the Information Technology Services Division
- Assists in maintaining computer enhanced classrooms and public use computers
- Related duties as needed
- Associate's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field with 0-1 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
$15 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of information technology systems and internal controls
• Knowledge of information technology best practices
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the provision of customer services
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Ability to work independently or as part of a group