Assistant Director for Student Success: Career Services and Internships
Department: Student Engagement
Reports To: Director of Student Success
Position Summary: The Assistant Director of Student Success: Career & Internships assists current and prospective students connect their purpose, classes and major to career opportunities. These goals are accomplished through career advising, programming and implementation of an individualized career program plan. Additionally, the Assistant Director: Career & Internships will teach one section of the Career Planning course as well as in coordination with the Director of Student Success and Career Development Program Coordinator manage outreach strategies to increase career-based learning opportunities for North Park University students. Primary stakeholders include students, faculty, staff and potential community partners. This position collaborates with Student Engagement, Student Success, Admissions, Marketing, Diversity and Intercultural Life and University Ministry.
Outreach and Brand Champion
- Encourage early and sustained engagement of students with CDIO.
- Interact with Faculty as a liaison between CDIO & academic divisions.
- Collaborate with other student engagement departments to produce programs/workshops and other outreach activities.
- Collaborate with recruitment and marketing staff to help promote North Park University.
- Using a series of advising tools and resources, provides career counseling to North Park University students in both individual and small group format.
- Provide focused advising and activities for NPU students to support campus-wide retention strategies and to assist with early warning systems for students in crisis.
- Plan and implement programming that address student cohorts by major and career interests.
- Facilitates financial literacy training, with measurable learning objectives.
- Provides training and supervision for student workers.
- Teach no more than two Career Planning courses offered through CDIO, per academic year
- Facilitate skills building workshops and seminars.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, Psychology, English, Counseling, or related field required.
- Three to five years of related work experience in Higher Education, Youth Development, Workforce Development, Business, Professional Coaching, or Strategic Operations required.
- Knowledge of career counseling and student development procedures and practices required.
- Possess a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education as well as a commitment to the University’s Christian, Urban and Intercultural core values.
- Clear ability to work in a diverse environment, embracing differences, and encouraging authentic behavior.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, time management skills, work independently and follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve, manage conflict, work cooperatively as a team member in a professional manner, and a desire to engage a diverse student body.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, social media, and database management software required.
- Bilingual and/or bi-cultural preferred.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time