Lead Instructor/Flight Manager - Aero/FTOP
Position Information: DescriptionThe Lead Instructor/Flight manager will provide leadership to a group of flight instructors and their assigned students. They will also conduct advanced flight training and stage checks.Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Manager/Flight Instructor; Management
- Maintain AIMS Pilot Manager duties and responsibilities.Counsels and Mentors students and CFIs to improve performance.Monitor and maintain CFI compliance with appropriate FARs and Safety Policies and Procedures.Assist with CFI hiring and new hire training.Suggest changes for the improvement of any aspect to UND Flight Operations.Assist in the performance of other duties as assigned by the Asst. Chief or Chief Flight Instructor.Conduct student review boards.Conduct observations of CFIs conducting training.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to make sound training and safety decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent flight experienceMust have excellent working knowledge of FAR’s and Part 141 Pilot School OperationsClass III Medical RatingCFI – Airplane and Instrument Instructor RatingCommercial pilot certificate with Instrument RatingSuccessful completion of criminal history records check.
- Multi-engine instructor rating