Programs and Services Administrator
Programs and Services Administrator🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Administration📅6 days ago Post Date📅89399 Requisition #The Department of Biochemistry is bonded by a central interest in understanding fundamental biological questions at the level of how molecules act and interact to accomplish highly complex, intra- and intercellular processes. We are seeking a Programs and Services Administrator to work in our dynamic environment to implement, manage and administer department initiatives (including diversity, funding and strategic) and events, faculty affairs, media relations, and process improvement. The successful candidate will be independent, curious, collaborative, and creative; have very high administrative and organizational acumen; and have a knack for learning and understanding stakeholder needs and interests and researching and developing best practices, as well as an openness to engaging in evaluation, feedback gathering, and ideation to drive continuous improvement.Duties include:
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
- 2-3 years of experience working in an academic environment.
- Experience writing/editing research proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://biochem.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89399