Data Manager🔍Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅May 03, 2021 Post Date📅89402 Requisition #SCHOOL/UNIT DESCRIPTION:
Stanford University's Precourt Institute for Energy concentrates the talents of the university on energy research and education, from basic science and technology to policy and business. We disseminate research results and help the university develop energy-literate leaders as part of its educational mission. We also build collaborations globally with industry, other research institutions, government and civic organizations in pursuit of sustainable, affordable, secure energy for all people.
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
- Perform administrator functions such as user management, profiles, roles, permissions, rules, assignment rules, queues, licenses, capacity, and storage management
- Maintain the overall Salesforce.com system, including data loads
- Run dashboards, reports, forms, templates, page layouts, workflows, and approvals
- Advocate for consistent adoption of Salesforce across the organization
- Collect user requirements for enhancements to the system by facilitating appropriate internal discussions
- Depending on experience level, may create and maintain custom objects, object relationships, standard and custom fields and set up Website-to-Salesforce integration where appropriate and in consultation with client teams
- Work with end users to provide coaching around best practices and tips on Salesforce usage
- Create and maintain end-user documentation including internal processes
- Customize reporting and dashboards for various teams, provide reports and report training
- Lead and maintain third party apps and make recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies.
- Stay current with Salesforce releases and corresponding documentation and provide new functionalities and solutions as needed.
- Assist with data migration from other systems as needed.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple activities in a results-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Additional Information
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4744
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89402