Behavioral Health Consultation Specialist (LMSW/LGPC)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore has an opening for a Behavioral Health Consultation Specialist. The Behavioral Health Consultation Specialist works under the supervision of a licensed professional for the Maryland Addiction Consultation Service (MACS), a telephone based consultation program supporting primary care providers. The Specialist facilitates consultations with prescribers from across the state seeking consultation related to the care of their patients with Opioid Use Disorders. This Exempt, Regular position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021) This position will not involve any direct patient interaction or provide direct clinical care.
- Facilitate consultations between primary care providers and specialty mental health consultants.
- Respond to phone consultation requests with physicians, provide assessment and recommendations, and delegate consultation requests to appropriate MACS team members/specialists. Identify psychosocial condition and needs, and determine best course of therapeutic treatment.
- Evaluate client issues in physician consolations and identify mental health and community resources to refer in order to address issues.
- Develop post-consultation disposition letters to provide to Primary Care Physicians, in collaboration with the Program Director and Consultants. Send and track outreach materials and other written communications.
- Assist with coordination of clinical team meetings and attend community outreach events with primary care and mental health providers.
- Communicate with state-wide mental health providers to maintain database of resources.
- Assist with programmatic organization and implementation, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field, such as Psychology or Counseling.
Certification/Licensure: Licensed Master Social Work - (LMSW) or Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor – (LGPC) in the State of Maryland.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge best practices in the field as well as relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies utilizing proper application of diagnostic tools. Able to recognize and respond sensitively to any potential concerns regarding a child’s social and emotional development. Able to perform position in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base. Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for resolving problems and facilitating decision-making processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information in accordance with professional standards, HIPAA (Health Information Portability & Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) and state regulations. Ability to effectively interact with a diverse client population using various approved interviewing techniques and consultative approaches
- Ability to independently review and authorize documentation of others for reimbursement or grant submissions. Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: May 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 2, 2021, 10:59:00 PM