Administrative Coordinator III
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Director or designee, the Administrative Coordinator performs complex and varied financial and department administrative functions.Responsibilities
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of procedures, programs, and ensure that proper procedures are followed
- Evaluate methods, procedures or develop alternative techniques for processing work or improving operating the efficiency/effectiveness of Department
- Develop and/or modify and maintain the Human Resource database for the Department, including oversight of all PA and payroll processing and maintaining personnel files. Advise departmental personnel on Human Resource policy and procedures
- Maintain an ongoing administrative relationship with appropriate departments UMMS
- Responsible for issuing correspondence pertaining to departmental issues
- Prepare position descriptions, requisitions, and advertisements for all positions in the department. Interview and select office support staff in conjunction with faculty
- Administer the preparation and submission of grant proposals
- Maintain liaison with granting agencies and investigate potential grant projects and sources of grant funds
- Project, develop and prepare budgets. Supervise dispersion of funds and income generated
- Work closely with sponsor study monitors in preparing budget and providing all required documentation by government regulatory agencies
- Develop and prepare monthly management reports as assigned
- Coordinate special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of budgeting, accounting, administrative, or related experience
- Demonstrated supervisory ability and the skills to communicate with individuals and groups both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Demonstrated skill in the design and maintenance of spreadsheets, databases, or custom reports utilizing Microsoft Excel or data from system financial reports.
- Skilled in the resolution of problems that require considerable investigation, initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) needed to present and communicate effectively with all levels of management.