Fiscal Specialist 1
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Title:151E-YN - Fiscal Specialist 1
Business Title:Fiscal Specialist 1
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
Performs higher level administrative, fiscal and technical duties for the county director and provides office management support for 6-8 other employees.
Duties include providing administrative support to the county director and program coordinators (including 4-H, Agriculture, Master Gardeners, and Noxious Weeds); establishing and maintaining fiscal record keeping systems, coordinating purchasing functions and expenditure control, budget reconciliation, maintaining and processing travel expense records, compiling fiscal reports, monitoring grants, and performing other related duties as assigned; interfacing with both county and WSU fiscal and administrative systems and staff; assisting with office outreach and reporting by assisting with and creating content for flyers, publications, website, social media, and news outlets; manage supply and equipment inventory and office systems, provide training and troubleshooting as needed. Provide program coordinators and county director with support in facilitating outreach to diverse community populations.
- Three years of fiscal record keeping experience; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Must be able and willing to travel year round with reliable transportation.
- While using a private vehicle for official business, the successful candidate must have current automobile liability insurance (meeting the requirements described in RCW 46.30.020 and RCW 46.29.090) and will possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work remotely as needed.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends..
- Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphics, publishing, communications and web search engines.
- Experience in budgeting; fiscal, grant and contract management.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with graphic design, social media, website management and promotion.
- Spanish language skills.
Area/College: WSU Extension
Department Name: Ag & Natural Resources
City, State, Zip: San Juan County
Department Link: https://extension.wsu.edu/sanjuan/
Monthly Salary: $1,886.40
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by May 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Part time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.