Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Title:674H-YN - Cook 2
Business Title:Cook 2
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Mission: The mission of Washington State Athletics is to unleash excellence. We provide a transformational student-athlete experience, while elevating Washington State University through competitive excellence, campus collaboration, and community engagement.
Vision: Together, we will achieve what was once defined as impossible.
Core Values: P. R. I. D. E
- Passion: We share a deep love and reverence for Washington State University, which unites and inspires us to serve.
- Resiliency: Growth comes from how we respond to adversity. We will overcome any and all obstacles that get in our way.
- Integrity: We are committed to integrity, accountability, and sportsmanship.
- Diversity & Inclusion: We cannot be excellent without being diverse. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive environment where our student-athletes, campus and community members can be their best selves.
- Excellence: We pursue and expect greatness in all we do. We understand that true, sustainable excellence can only be achieved through teamwork and service to others.
Summary of Duties:
Under general supervision of Food Service Associate Manager, responsible for the preparation of menu items, special menus, and catering menus for the Performance Nutrition Program in WSU Athletics. Responsible for developing new items annually and seasonally in conjunction with Executive Chef. Ensure proper par stock ordering levels so that sufficient quantities of product are on hand while minimizing waste from over purchasing. Develop appropriate production pars, peak meal batch cooking and off-peak à la carte cooking levels. Responsible for proper handling and storage of all food products. Must demonstrate judgment, integrity and commitment to quality in all items prepared. Responsible for the safe and appropriate use and care of equipment, clean up, and securing of work area at shifts end. Maintain records as required and direct production area. Provide quality customer service to our guests.
- Two (2) years cooking experience in a large scale food service or culinary operation which includes six (6) months experience directing the work of others. Completion of course in large‑scale cooking may be substituted for one (1) year of experience; OR one (1) year as a Cook 1 in State service; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Washington state Food Handler’s Permit within 14 days of employment.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends based on business needs.
- Two to five years’ experience in increasingly responsible food service positions.
- Experience in à la carte restaurant cooking and various international/ethnic cuisines.
- Serve Safe Certified.
- Multi-faceted food experience.
- Experience leading and training employees.
- General knowledge of commercial grade kitchen equipment use, safety, and maintenance
Area/College: Washington State University Athletics
Department Name: Intercollegiate Athletics
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99164
Monthly Salary: $2,738.00
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by 5/18/2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.