Fiscal Analyst 2
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Title:143J-YN - Fiscal Analyst 2
Business Title:Fiscal Analyst 2
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties: This position reports to the Office Manager within the WSU Wenatchee Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center and is a member of the administrative Team. In a highly organized and detail-oriented fashion, this position is responsible for fiscal support functions, including but not limited to: prepare, assist and monitor grant budgets for research, assist with budget preparation, estimates, monitoring budget status and expenditures for extension, physical plant, self-sustaining programs and the local USDA facility; maintain and update filing systems for grant work and other sensitive material; participate in special projects and/or assignments. This position exercises independent judgment to make decisions and is authorized to take initiative to perform responsibilities with discretion.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, which must include 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or budgeting and one year of relevant professional experience; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience administering budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience and/or knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations pertaining to fiscal management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage state, federal and private grants.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and applying regulations, policies, and procedures in areas related to fiscal management and operations in a comparable, complex organization.
Area/College: College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences
Department Name: Wenatchee Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center
City, State, Zip: Wenatchee, WA, 98801
Monthly Salary: $3,446.00
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: May 12, 2021
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.