Public Relations/Communication Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Title:1281-NN - Public Relations/Communication Coordinator
Business Title:Public Relations/Communication Coordinator
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Mission: The mission of Washington State Athletics is to unleash excellence. We provide a transformational student-athlete experience, while elevating Washington State University through competitive excellence, campus collaboration, and community engagement.
Vision: Together, we will achieve what was once defined as impossible.
Core Values: P. R. I. D. E
- Passion: We share a deep love and reverence for Washington State University, which unites and inspires us to serve.
- Resiliency: Growth comes from how we respond to adversity. We will overcome any and all obstacles that get in our way.
- Integrity: We are committed to integrity, accountability, and sportsmanship.
- Diversity & Inclusion: We cannot be excellent without being diverse. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive environment where our student-athletes, campus and community members can be their best selves.
- Excellence: We pursue and expect greatness in all we do. We understand that true, sustainable excellence can only be achieved through teamwork and service to others.
Summary of Duties:
As a member of the WSU Athletic Department’s External Relations team, this position is a project-based Social Media Specialist (Public Relations/Communication Consultant) who develops social media communication strategies and implements new initiatives within the Athletics Department. This position is responsible for writing, editing, and coordinating the production of social media strategies and posts. Channels include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TicTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. Social media posts are used to advance the reputation of Washington State University Athletics. This role will help shape and maintain the social presences for WSU Athletics, athletes, and coaches. Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics Emerging Media/Creative Services, this position will consist of creating social media strategies based on department needs and industry best practices, develop methods for evaluating effectiveness by way of data analytics and evaluation of success/engagement metrics for plan initiatives and overseeing the team(s) responsible of carrying out central WSU Athletics social media communication.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or other relevant field AND either two (2) years of professional experience in print OR broadcast news media, public relations, marketing including the use of electronic media or two (2) years of other relevant professional experience.
- Strong working knowledge of social media trends, strategies, and techniques.
- Experience with marketing and managing projects.
- Experience directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere (a plus).
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience supervising staff and working with students.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience working in Athletics in a higher education environment.
Area/College: Washington State Athletics
Department Name: Creative Services
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99164
Department Link: https://wsucougars.com/
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: 5/18/2021
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Cover Letter and Resume
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.