Financial Aid Specialist
Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist
Location: System Office- Sandersville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226586
The Financial Aid Specialist is a full-time position that reports to the SSC Financial Aid Services Manager. The Financial Aid Specialist position is responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of Title IV financial aid to ensure the accurate and timely administration of FAFSA verification processing and other financial aid-related processes. This position will include data verification, data analysis, metric generation, and documentation support responsibilities as a part of the SSC Financial Aid team.Responsibilities
- Maintains audit and compliance controls by executing procedures and proper validation of data including, but not limited to:
- Processing certain incomplete items on student’s submitted FAFSA to ensure timely and accurate financial aid packaging
- Processing required FAFSA verifications to ensure accuracy of student data and compliance with all federal record-keeping requirements
- Confirming compliance with FAFSA verification documentation
- Processing special circumstances and collaborating with leadership to address
- Captures, documents, and analyzes current state business process, and identifies, makes recommendations for, and documents future state business processes.
- Reviews audit reports and resolves errors to ensure integrity of data.
- Accesses a variety of computer information systems and databases to retrieve verify and enter data.
- Assists with extracting and analyzing data for researching and developing efficiencies and making recommendations to leadership
- Performs related special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge and skills.
1-3 years’ experience in higher education financial aid setting and/or administering loan funds under the Direct Loan Program preferredKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Organizational skills for managing several processes, activities and website systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bookkeeping and recording keeping skills
- High level of initiative and organization, good judgment, and discretion required
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work long hours and perform computer operations for extended periods of time
- Skilled using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in CampusLogic Student Forms and Banner Student Information System preferred
- Ability to communicate accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Supportive of the University System of Georgia mission.