Sr Charge Mgmt Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
This position will oversee all charge master functions including charge maintenance activities charge system integration establishing and updating prices and change control across the health system.
- Ensure appropriate charge master maintenance occurs.
- Oversight of External System Charge Interfaces.
- Maintain Grant Pricing Perform financial analysis for operational and executive use.
- Monitor regulatory changes provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services to assure CDM compliance.
- Develop relationships with payors to resolve issues.
- Maintain compliance standards for providing accurate information on all facility claims.
- Carries out other assignments or special projects as assigned.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience required in a complex hospital setting Knowledge of third party billing and reimbursement methodologies required Understanding of CPT level II and III HCPCS and hospital charging methods is essential General comprehension of medical terminology is necessary.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, frequently traveling (no more than two miles); Repetitive motion: (Typing). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to cold, heat and outdoor climate.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.