Revenue Cycle Trainer/Liaison
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
Designs and implements training tools, develops curricula and instructs participants in the EMR system and related functions. Serves as a liaison to clinics, observing and monitoring these functions while providing feedback to management and specialized instruction to clinic staff. Serves as a training representative for interdisciplinary projects. Helps in the development of system enhancements and performs subsequent testing for enhancements to the Registration and Scheduling systems. Attends departmental meetings when assigned as representative concerning the EMR system, cash collection issues and other Revenue Cycle related topics.
- Instructional Design and curriculum development.
- Conducts technical and informational training classes and/or onsite sessions both on a regular and as needed basis.
- Observes staff working on Patient Access functions in clinic setting.
- Serves as training representative for interdisciplinary projects.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: High School or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in education, health or IT related majors
- Experience: 3 years relevant experience in a Help Desk/Information Systems setting or with Scheduling and/or Registration at UVA.
- Proficient in one assigned Epic application within 6 months of hire date
- Credentialed in one assigned Epic application within 12 months of hire date
- License/Certification: Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) or Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) by the NAHAM required within 18 months of hire date.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word
- Computer skills preferred: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Captivate, InDesign, other eLearning software.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.