Global Programs Manager
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the world's leading business schools, seeks a Global Programs Manager to join its team. The Global Programs Manager will serve as a member of the global programs team in the Center for Global Initiatives (CGI), whose primary role will be ensuring the successful implementation of the range of global programming sponsored by CGI for the residential MBA students, including Darden Worldwide Courses, Global Consulting Projects and Exchange.
The Center for Global Initiatives sponsors academic programs in more than two dozen countries for Darden MBA students every academic year with over 400 enrollments, with virtually all Darden full-time residential students enrolling in at least one course during their program. This role will provide excellent administrative and programmatic development support to the programs with the Director’s oversight and will collaborate closely with the global programs team, faculty leaders, students, and program vendors, to ensure the seamless execution of the assigned programs and initiatives.
The Manager will support a portfolio of global programs, under the guidance of the Director, to execute each faculty leader’s vision for the course. This includes providing recommendations on program structure and development, managing all administrative aspects of the implementation of global programs, and managing systems such as travel management, student travel registrations, student travel insurance enrollments, etc., as well as reaching out to external stakeholders to confirm program logistics, meetings and details. This role will have a high degree of student contact to support students in exploring global options at Darden and in supporting other student programming initiatives sponsored by CGI.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Administrative and Programmatic Support for Darden Worldwide Courses
- Work closely with Director, program faculty leaders, vendors and other stakeholders to confirm all final details of program itineraries. At the direction of the Director and faculty, assist with securing and finalizing business meetings as needed for program itineraries; assist with setting up learning management system pages when needed; and assist in preparing program materials, pre-departure meetings, and logistical travel information for students. Advise students on travel resources as needed
- For assigned Darden Worldwide Courses manage all administrative pieces, including but not limited to: UVA’s Travel Registration system; emergency contact plans; emergency insurance enrollment; Travel Waivers as needed for programs in countries under a travel advisory; manage any other relevant systems related to program operations, risk management and compliance; responsible for speaker gift selections and tracking on assigned DWCs; create and manage program evaluations and arrange post-program debriefs with faculty and document feedback from program to ensure continuous improvement.
- Support development of DWC promotional materials and manage promotional strategy to students; update CGI’s sharepoint portal and Canvas pages; have a consistent presence at student activities to promote and answer questions regarding global opportunities.
Manage Global Consulting Projects
- Source possibilities for Global Consulting Projects (GCP); work closely with faculty leader to vet scope of proposed projects; work closely with client to ensure expectations are set and that their needs are being addressed; oversee GCP application process; provide administrative support to the faculty leader to set up course meetings and course pages on learning management system; prepare students logistically for their global onsite visit with clients.
Travel coordination for Darden Worldwide Courses
- Develop estimated flight expenses for assigned DWC destinations.
- Manage all travel arrangements for faculty and staff participating in assigned programs including booking air travel, arranging departure and return transfers, closely managing overall travel costs within the parameters for successful travel and budget, and reconciling travel budgets post-program.
- Ensure travelers have all required information for smooth engagements and can arrive in-country prepared to lead programs.
Other program support
- Support other CGI sponsored initiatives as needed, such as the DWC Staff Coordinator role, Darden Art Project, and CGI Student Ambassador Program.
Professional experience and education:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least four years of student advising or program coordination experience required. An Advanced degree may be substituted for experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Comprehensive administrative support experience required
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse clients and leadership stakeholders to ensure successful execution of projects/programs
- Demonstrated project and event management experience
- Strong interest in international education
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort speaking in front of large groups
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Diligent follow-up skills and pushing projects/initiatives forward
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, innovative, student-centered environment
- Microsoft Suite with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint products
- Studying or working abroad experience preferred
- Experience with online survey and assessment tools
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Canvas preferred
Anticipated hiring range: $46,000 - $48,000
This position will remain open until filled . This is an Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require insert any additional checks. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Global Programs Manager". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.