Office Manager, Admissions
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-03
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business, one of the world's leading business schools, seeks a professional Office Manager to support Darden’s Admissions team. With strong momentum in the residential MBA and executive MBA formats, the Office Manager joins Darden at an exciting time. Darden is ranked the #1 MBA education experience in the United States for nine years in a row by the Economist magazine.
This position functions as the administrative assistant to the Executive Director of Admissions and provides general office support to the Admissions team. The successful candidate will apply strong and proactive organization skills to integrated calendar management, travel, budgeting, expense reporting and event coordination.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Administrative and Office Support
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures.
- Manages calendars to include setting up meetings, being responsive to meeting requests and maintaining time to manage workload.
- Prepares agendas for meetings, orders supplies, organizes office areas and designs filing systems.
- Assists with finances by tracking budgeting expenses, processing invoices for payment and working with vendors and Darden Finance team to ensure items are invoiced and paid.
- Assists with communications, presentations and reports.
- Manages e-mail and email responsiveness for the Executive Director. Assists in ensuring 24 hour responsiveness to all e-mail requests.
- Sends acknowledgements to all alumni recommendations and helps respond in Executive Director’s absence.
- Maintains awareness of administrative tasks requiring attention of Executive Director and senior staff. Helps set priorities around conflicting requests and provides reminders for timely follow through.
- Handles meeting requests and necessary scheduling for the Executive Director.
- Coordinates and handles all travel arrangements for the Executive Director and staff as requested. Processes travel reimbursements and expenses.
- Keeps Executive Director and staff advised of events and issues as appropriate.
- Supports Admissions team in office coordination and special events and visitors.
- Oversees projects assigned by the Executive Director.
- Establishes and maintains a tracking/reporting process for all ongoing projects and tasks.
- Maintains awareness of administrative tasks requiring attention of Executive Director and staff on projects.
- Provides support in any special projects as requested by the Executive Director.
Professional experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree with at least three years of experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Excellent office support skills with the initiative and flexibility to take on new projects and to learn new software applications as required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and teamwork skills.
- Good judgment and first-class professionalism in dealing with a range of internal and external constituencies and sensitive information.
- Strong and proactive organizational skills that will be applied to integrated calendar management, travel, expense reporting and event coordination.
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions in support of executive priorities.
- Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with colleagues, and working with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds to establish and maintain strong partnerships.
- Strong technical skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budgeting strongly preferred.
Anticipated hiring range: $50,000 - $52,000
This position will remain open until filled . This is an Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require insert any additional checks. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Office Manager, Admissions". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.