App Develop Prgmer Analyst III, Information Technology (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
650 East Van Buren Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix is currently seeking applicants for an Applications Development Programmer Analyst III to develop, implement, design and maintain department, college, or institutional web sites and Web applications. The Applications Development Programmer Analyst III will build and extend our web apps based on the Laravel PHP framework, extending our RESTful API, and working on multiple 3rd party integrations. This position will also develop and/or design associated databases and user interfaces and will consult /advise users regarding accessibility, usability, and aesthetic appeal of web sites. Assignments include web site development and/or web site design. This position requires someone that is self-starter and has technical skills to be a key player in a small team.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, designs and develops applications programs, systems and software solutions, utilizing the appropriate software engineering processes.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Articulates, develops and models the end user experience, including the visual design of the application, to make user interaction simple, efficient, and consistent.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Works on all phases of application programming at the highest technical level.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced analysts.
- Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Collaborate with team of full stack developers to design, develop and maintain web-based applications and websites based on Laravel PHP framework.
- Create efficient and reusable code with extensive test coverage and modern technologies.
- Integrate/develop to third-party APIs.
- Create and maintain application documentation.
- Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness
- Reviews and prioritizes web site development and/or design project requests; manages all aspects of web site development projects. Provides technical and project-based direction to web site developers and other technical staff.
- Analyzes web based technology infrastructure and plans and implements the evolution of web resources. Researches, and implements web application standards and makes recommendations regarding selection and purchase of automated tools.
- Analyzes systems requirements to determine hardware, software and security needs. Coordinates web server hardware/software administration with other technical staff.
- Develops, designs and administers databases associated with web sites. Integrate applications by designing and leveraging database architecture and server scripting.
- Advises and consults with content providers to ensure accessibility, usability and aesthetic appeal of web site designs. Assists content providers in designing web sites for use by individuals with a range of visual, auditory, motor/mobility and cognitive abilities.
- Ensures compliance of web sites with established standards and protocols.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828 - $86,417 annually, Depending on experienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Applications DevelopmentJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
5/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.