Biostatistician II, TCRC (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The Research Office at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix is currently recruiting a Biostatistician II with experience in research. The incumbent will work with medical students as well as investigators using advanced quantitative methods to advise on the design and analysis of various research projects. Good communication skill is required to interact with all types of investigators.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with biomedical investigators and medical students and assists in developing objectives, designing sampling, randomization and data collection procedures to achieve study objectives.
- Advises investigators in determining the appropriate statistical methodology to meet their study needs and objectives.
- Performs power/sample size analysis and develops plans for study monitoring and statistical analysis.
- Drafts the statistical section for IRB applications and grant proposals.
- Participates in data collection, database maintenance, and assessment of various databases and sources.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the analysis and presentation of data.
- Analyzes and interprets data including selection and application of appropriate statistical methods.
- Uses various statistical software packages and writes statistical computer programs; reviews and summarizes analysis results.
- Designs tables, visual representations, and reports for specific research studies.
- Provides consultation, technical assistance, and coordination for a wide variety of medical student and investigators.
- Designs, implements, and coordinates study activities and process improvements.
- Drafts the statistical methods and results sections of presentations and publications.
- Works with collaborators on proper interpretation of analysis results.
- Evaluates sources of existing data in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability, usability and generalizability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
• Excellent problem solving, organizational, written and oral communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail is critical.
• Computer proficiency is required.
• R programming skills are highly recommended.
• Ability to perform statistical analyses of data, prepare written interpretations of statistical results and to integrate these findings into reports and publications.
• Strong motivation and dedication to scientific discovery is essential.
• Previous experience in research.
• Previous training in applied statistics, data mining, and machine learning.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $65,344 annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/14/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
5/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.