IT Architect III, Information Technology (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
650 East Van Buren Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Information Technology at the College of Medicine – Phoenix is seeking a first-rate technologist to join their team. In this senior level role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about transforming systems, provides creative ideas for technical problems and is constantly looking for ways to make improvements. Help us build a transformational environment to support future medical doctors and a world class Research organization. Self-directed and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, good teamwork skills and easily adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment. Must be detail oriented, organized, driven, and have excellent communication skills.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities related to infrastructure and database, involving the definition, development and maintenance of
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions.
- Works on the architecture, configuration, deployment and ongoing management of large-scale production storage
- Architect, manage and oversee all aspects of CyberSecurity for COM-P's computing environment. This includes network infrastructure, servers, enterprise applications, audio video systems and all specialty research systems.
- Build risk assessment procedures and own the remediation process for COM-P, as well as managing the incident reporting reviews and reporting requirements to the University's Security Officer.
- Architect, manage, and oversee all cloud services for COM-P. Consult with research and educators on how cloud services could enhance their computing environment.
- Develop solutions for artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
- Partner with our healthcare partners through the IRB process to obtain the required research data and find or build a platform to use for classified and unclassified data sets.
- Develop and engineer network configurations to support the unique needs of COM-P's computing environment.
- Perform regular network scans looking for non-compliant devices and applications, report to IT leadership to mitigate.
- Work with UITS to perform network penetration testing to ensure outside accesses are secured according to the University policies.
- Provide backup support to COM-P's System Administrator.
- Architect, manage and oversee COM-P's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans. Work with units to define continuity needs - data and applications.
- Architect and build a Disaster Recover environment for COM-P. We currently have no environment to restore our backups should our Servers fail and become un-usable (i.e. flood).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $82,500 annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
IT ArchitectureJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
5/5/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.