Planning Analyst , Financial
UITS AdminDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Financial Planning Analyst will report directly to the Vice President for University Planning Office and will contribute to the development of an integrated planning office for the University of Arizona. The Financial Planning Analyst will be instrumental in providing expertise and guidance to University Senior Leadership to further institutional strategic goals. Strategic direction and planning priorities will be set by University President, the Secretary of the University, and the University’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The scope of the office will be focused on institutional planning surrounding projections years into the future. The analyst concentration will be on options and solutions for tuition pricing and elasticities, strategic workload needs, strategic organizational design, strategic operational and service delivery. This role specifically will be responsible for financial planning and analysis including value and pro forma analysis. Planning activities are those that span multiple organizational units within the University and are to be conducted with engagement from faculty, college leadership, and administrative leadership.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of pro forma business plans and financial statements in support of enterprise strategic and business planning. Materials to include financial statements, discount cash flows, NPV and other valuations, sensitivity analysis, and what-if scenarios.
- Responsible for analyzing complex financial data and creating 3 statement models, including revenue, expenses, operational inputs, goals, metrics, targets, and other compliance and achievement metrics.
- Provide corporate finance planning, assessment, and recommendations on a portfolio of enterprise-level business plans, opportunities, risks, and goals.
- Responsible for presenting and explaining analysis to various audiences, including UA Senior Leadership, at the revenue, expense, asset, liability, probability, risk, ratio, and scenario level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Experience with enterprise systems.
- OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, or related field.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Planning and AnalysisBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Director, Human Resources & Organizational Development
4/23/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.