IT Architect III, Information Technology (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
650 E. Van Buren Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The UA College of Medicine – Phoenix is currently seeking applicants for an IT Architect III who is responsible for providing technical support to a critical client/server application that is a key component of the College curriculum. This technical position will help ensure the server applications are optimized and the Window’s clients are operating efficiently. This role will work closely with the application vendor to resolve technical issues and plan for all future initiatives. Work with clients to maximize system usage and functionality to achieve all operational objectives. This role will be the Subject Matter Expert and provide on-going training to staff, faculty and students. Directly supports tools such as the Learning Management Systems (LMS), Student Evaluation System, Attendance system, scheduling system, and a range of other applications that support teaching, learning and management. Administer security/authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation.The incumbent will work closely with other teams to support all associated systems. The incumbent must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible environment with a sense of urgency.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities related to infrastructure and database, involving the definition, development and maintenance of
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions.
- Works on the architecture, configuration, deployment and ongoing management of large-scale production storage
- Consults with users regarding applications training, user support and troubleshooting
- Interviews data functional owners and users, defines needs/requirements, and initiates comprehensive assessment plans.
- Create and communicates plans, ideas, requirements, concepts, logical models and goals to technical and non-technical data owners, users, and project team members.
- Troubleshoots reported Application problems and, when appropriate, works with other IT staff for resolution.
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Manages Application configuration including add new user accounts, resets passwords, and assigns users to appropriate learning groups and permission.
- Plans, designs, creates and implements concepts for reports and user documentation, maintains, updates and revises enterprise application systems to meet changing business needs.
- Contributes to and conducts quality assurance for user training materials.
- Implements and maintains compliance with current security and service protocols and standards.
- Proactively plans and assists with web system related upgrades, migrations, optimizations, and new implementations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $82,500 annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
IT ArchitectureJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
5/5/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.