Office Assistant Sr - School of Accountancy (Multiple Positions) (Extended Temporary)
School of AccountancyDepartment Website Link:
1130 E. Helen St., Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
This position functions as Office Assistant, Senior for the Program Coordinator and Faculty Director of MAcc and MSA programs. The successful candidate will provide office support in the areas of communications, record keeping, events, and other duties as assigned.
Additional project offered to work over the summer depending on availability and needs of the School.This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering questions regarding the application procedures for Masters students interested in Accounting.
- Preparing correspondence for Program Coordinator and Faculty Director of MAcc and MSA programs.
- Coordinating and executing all aspects of Accounting Department events.
- Advising current Masters students on course selection and professional development.
Knowledge skills and abilities
- Knowledge of the general structure of accounting firms.
- Familiarity with the activities of student organizations.
- Knowledge of terminology used in the accounting profession.
- Knowledge of Accounting Department recruiting events and familiarity with Career Services requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of functions performed by academic departments in higher education.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience may be required.
- Experience with the School of Accountancy program either in courses taken or office/clerical work with the school.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
3Target Hire Date:
8/16/2021Expected End Date:
5/22/2022Contact Information for Candidates:
5/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.