Community Outreach Professional I (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI) at The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix invites YOU to join the team as a Community Outreach Professional I! This team member will work closely with faculty, students, staff and community to collaborate and support various initiatives for recruitment, retention and inclusivity building. This includes organizing, supporting and evaluating community relationships, OEDI programs and events. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in an environment of innovation and change, this is your next career move!
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for ourinnovative work-life programs. For more information about working at theUniversity of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- May perform investigatory research or evaluations to identify appropriate programs or services.
- Principal liaison between community programs, research programs and services and the community.
- May collect data to assist in evaluating programs and services and identify needs for additional programs or services.
- May develop communications materials to promote programs in communities.
- This position will be responsible for planning and facilitating community education and engagement with elementary, middle, high schools, community college, health centers, UArizona Tucson pipelines and nonprofits:
- Coordinate medical student engagement with 5th and 6th grade math and science tutoring program at Edison Elementary School.
- Plan and execute health education hands-on activities with elementary and middle school students.
- Engage in presentations in collaboration with Admissions and Recruitment to high school and community college prospective applicants.
- Assist in developing new programs and activities for all grades to learn about careers and opportunities in medicine.
- Coordinate pipeline programming (i.e. Connect2Mentor and Cardiology Academy).
- Assist in engaging with non-profits and community based organizations who serve underserved or marginalized communities to build stronger ties with UArizona College of Medicine-Phoenix.
- Coordinate special programs:
- Inclusive Excellence Speaker events
- Health Week
- Coffee Hours
- Dialogue Sessions
- Student Interest Group collaboration for events and activities
- Assist in the evaluation of programs and events.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience may be required.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
• Experience in higher education related to issues of equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Comfortable learning new technology.
• Good written and oral communications ability.
• Well-organized with multi-tasking skills.
• Able to handle stress and remain calm.
• Problem-solving ability.
• Able to lift 35 pounds.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $24.038 Per Hour, Depending on experienceCompensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/12/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
5/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.