Administrative Support Assistant III, Admissions (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phoenix Academic AffairsDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The Office of Admissions and Recruitment at the College of Medicine-Phoenix is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. This position is the first point of contact to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment for candidates seeking admission to the medical school which, at times throughout the year, requires an ability to handle high-volume phone and email inquiries. This position supports the Associate Dean and is expected to perform varied administrative duties including managing schedule, note taking and creation of minutes for various committee meetings as well as development of data-driven reports. Additionally, this person will support a variety of events planned by the office including: Admissions Committee, Student Ambassador Program, Applicant Visit Days, Second Look Weekend, Pipeline programs, White Coat, and Recruitment Webinars and Information Sessions. The incumbent must be highly motivated, energetic, amiable, a self-starter, an excellent team player, works accurately with frequent interruptions, meet deadlines and maintain expected work volume. This position reports to the Associate Dean.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for ourinnovative work-life programs. For more information about working at theUniversity of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of administrative and/or secretarial support activities for supervisor such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by superior and investigating, evaluating and resolving problems within scope of position.
- Prepares or directs preparation of minutes, notices, manuals, agendas and correspondence with all supporting documentation, requiring application of a specialized knowledge of the assigned function.
- Researches, summarizes and analyzes information; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following supervisor’s general direction; selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Maintains and reconciles budgets for departmental, institutional or work unit accounts; monitors expenditures and performs simple analysis on accounts; prepares both special and recurring reports for supervisor and authorizes payments within prescribed limits; makes recommendations for purchases.
- Implements new policies, procedures or practices impacted by decisions made by supervisor at meetings and conferences.
- Coordinates business affairs, personnel matters and may interpret policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, students, alumni, patients, outside agencies and the public concerning information or complaints.
- Responsible for department mail collection; opens and reviews all incoming mail; answers inquiries and composes correspondence on own initiative on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forwards other items to supervisor or appropriate staff. Signs supervisor’s name in accordance with established guidelines.
- Screens phone calls and visitors, directing to appropriate staff or department when necessary; provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge and may interpret department policy, procedure and operations.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions from supervisor; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Types or word processes correspondence, reports or other documents from rough draft, shorthand notes or dictaphone tapes; corrects grammar, spelling and punctuation errors; edits wording without changing intended message.
- Maintains calendar(s) for department and assigned staff, regularly prioritizing and arranging meetings, conferences and appointments; arranges necessary travel reservations and itineraries; anticipates and prepares background materials needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
• Proficient in Google Drives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook Suite.
• Familiar with providing updates to a website.
• High degree of flexibility.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and priorities.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $22.36 per Hour, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/14/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
4/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a working environment and interview process in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.