Univ Analytics and Inst RschDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Do you want to start your career in data analytics? University Analytics & Institutional Research department (UAIR) within the University of Arizona is looking to hire a passionate individual who wants to apply their skills and learned knowledge in the field of data analytics. As part of the Administrative Data team within UAIR, you will engage with technical and non-technical leaders across campus to identify data needs, triage data, perform data analysis, and develop data visualizations. This position will focus on Administrative data, which includes Financial data, Workforce data, Research data (Proposals, Negotiations, Institutional Review, Conflict of Interest), Planning data, Physical Space data, and more. If you are looking to learn and grow in your career, this is the right opportunity for you. We will provide training and a clear career path. Be a part of the team and support UArizona in strategic decision making.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify reporting and data analysis needs at the University with the objective of turning data into critical information and knowledge which can be utilized to make sound decisions which support University operations.
- Support the University goal of establishing a comprehensive data support infrastructure by being a knowledgeable analyst in Finance, Workforce (HR), Research (Proposals, Negotiations, Institutional Review, Conflict of Interest), Planning, Physical Space and other business functions.
- Visualize business data to enable effective decision making.
- Provide insights to enhance decision making capability in planning, process improvement, and solution assessment.
- Recommend actions for future developments & strategic institutional opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies.
- Assist campus users including department staff, administrators, faculty and other personnel with data and analysis related requests.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience through internships, jobs, or course curriculum/projects.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge , Skills, Abilities
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet negotiated timelines.
- Proven success in building and maintaining customer relationships at multiple levels.
- Ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to both technical and business audiences.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
- Critical thinking, analytical, logical problem solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
•Demonstrated experience delivering data models of complex data sets that are accurate and responsive.
•Experience with statistical analysis.
•Experience working with administrative data, processes, and systems in a higher education environment.
•Experience working with complex data in a relational database environment.
•Experience working with SQL (Or other programing languages such as Python, R, etc.).
•Experience working with Business Intelligence Tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, Power BI, etc.).FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Planning and AnalysisBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Data AnalysisJob Function:
Planning & AnalysisType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor)Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.