Assistant Professor (Physician Assistant Program)
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job_Type: Full Time
Location: Main Campus
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) seeks a motivated, energetic, and collaborative faculty member to join its Physician Assistant (PA) Program. This faculty member will have a 12 month, full-time, tenure-track position and will be an integral member of the EMU PA program. The EMU PA Program matriculated the first class of students in May of 2014, and has been granted Accreditation-Continued from the ARC-PA. PA faculty members are encouraged to continue practicing clinically on a part-time basis, while retaining all income. EMU provides a highly competitive salary and a robust benefits and retirement package. Come and join our progressive team of PA educators!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruction, coordination, and evaluation of students in the classroom, exam laboratory, and simulation settings
- May assist in planning and delivery of clinical year curriculum, including clinical rotations
- Active participation in ongoing program evaluative processes and maintenance of ARC-PA accreditation
- Participate in ongoing program development related to policy, syllabi, pedagogy, and lecture/presentation preparation
- Participation in scholarly research activity and/or documented continuation of clinical experience
- Involvement/participation in required and recommended service activities and program/department committee participation
- Current licensure and certification as a Physician Assistant, Physician or related healthcare professional (if applicable)
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical practice experience as a Physician Assistant, Physician or related healthcare professional (experience working as a PA and in PA education is preferred)
- Minimum of a master's degree (PA degree focus, doctorate preferred)
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
Applicants will: 1) Complete an on-line application, providing all requested information 2) Attach a cover letter, with specific narrative regarding position qualifications and interest 3) Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) 4) Provide three (3) professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information contact:
Kevin Geltz, MS, PA-C
Associate Professor, Search Committee Chair
Phone: 734.487.9528 or Email (preferred): [email protected]
If contacted, you will be asked to present official transcripts of your highest degree earned at the time of interview.
ALL ATTACHMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. THEY CANNOT BE REVISED OR ADDED ONCE THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
EMU enrolls approximately 23,000 students and offers an outstanding benefits package and a collegial work environment. EMU's distinct mix of comprehensive academic resources, strong community initiatives, focus on Education First, and nationally-recognized undergraduate and graduate student research achievements set it apart.
The EMU campus is located in the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor community, 5 miles from downtown Ann Arbor and 35 miles west of Detroit, MI and Windsor, Ontario.
EMU is an equal opportunity employer, and the institution is regularly recognized by U.S. News and World Report for its diversity.
Eastern Michigan University offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance; a TIAA-CREF retirement plan with employer contributions; an outstanding vacation and time off policy; a tuition waiver program and much more.
Click here to view highlights of the University's total rewards program.
For specific information by employment classification, click here to review the Benefits in Brief information.
Notice of Availability of the Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report
The Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report is available online
The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; the procedures the University will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Noncampus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University or a recognized student organization; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in an On-Campus Student Housing Facility during the three most recent calendar years.
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report, you can stop by the Department of Public Safety at 1200 Oakwood St. or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 734-487-0892 or emailing [email protected]ch.edu.