Project EXCEL Tutor Social Sciences (43715)
Job DetailsJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift AnyJob Category Education Project EXCEL Professional Tutor for Social Science SubjectsPurpose: To provide academic support in the area of social science. Courses include the topics of psychology, sociology, and criminology for students participating in Project EXCEL. ties:
- Maintain a professional, orderly and relaxed environment for student learning;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Participate in departmental meetings;
- Prepare instructional sessions for the course(s) in keeping with students needs;
- Maintain student attendance records, individual reports of student/tutor contacts and contribute observations and strategies appropriate to each students profile;
- Submit a weekly Attendance Log;
- Maintain records of course syllabi;
- Monitor the maintenance of students time management planners;
- Maintain lines of communication with the EXCEL Coordinator to review student progress and to address any program concerns;
- Contact students that have requested extra time, as sessions become available and work in conjunction with the coordinator in scheduling;
- *Fulfill other duties as they arise in support of program and students.
- Exhibit a student/customer first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations;
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students and faculty needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students needs.
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common program and College goals;
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within Project EXCEL as required during high service demand times.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students and members of Project EXCEL;
- Maintain an appropriate level of professionalism;
- Demonstrate an ability to respond with initiative and creativity in problem-solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion