Associate Vice President of University Advancement
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-30
Job Description SummaryManage and oversee fundraising activities for university strategic priorities in the Division of University Advancement and in conjunction with other divisions on campus. Lead university fundraising staff in the cultivation and solicitation of gifts in excess of $10,000. Lead planned gift marketing, cultivation, and solicitation. Lead advancement services staff in conducting support functions such as reporting, gift processing, prospect research and management, data analytics, database maintenance, and strategic enhancements to processes and systems to better support the division. Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects to meet predetermined university priorities. Serve as an advisor to the Vice President on a variety of strategic fundraising initiatives and planning initiatives. Reports to the Vice President of University Advancement, Brand Marketing & Communications.Job Description
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that will accomplish short and long-term fundraising goals.
- Manage and oversee the development staff in the process of developing individualized cultivation and solicitation fundraising strategies.
- Manage the advancement services staff to optimize the alumni and donor database for the benefit of the university advancement division.
- Ensure a planned giving program that interfaces and complements the other giving programs of the institution.
- Responsible for safeguarding the integrity of the donor database (Blackbaud suite). Routinely audits the system data.
- Coordinate Advancement generated grant proposals with the other departments across campus.
- Coordinate Advancement generated solicitation of corporations for sponsorships and donations.
- Cultivate, solicit, and provide stewardship for a portfolio of 35-50 major, principal and foundation donors/prospects.
- Interact and build relationships with the trustee board, alumni association board, faculty, staff, students, parents, and friends of the University and the community at large in order to promote Saint Leo University.
- Ensure that campaigns are properly researched, tracked and analyzed for effectiveness.
- Manage and motivate a professional staff to ensure integration of efforts and to achieve all goals.
- Represent the university at and participate in community activities and events; participate in university events as appropriate.
- Travel as needed.
- Other duties assigned by the Vice President for University Advancement, Brand Marketing and Communications
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (Please list specific requirements)
- Record of progressive leadership and achievement in fundraising
- Ability to command credibility and respect in forming trusting relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Open and accessible interpersonal style
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Unrelenting commitment to a collegial team approach
- Exceptional reasoning, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Openness to new ideas and ability to implement them
- Capacity to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities
- Excellent skill and understanding of technology as a tool and its applications in development
- Unquestioned integrity
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS: (Please list specific credential requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of successful experience in major gifts, corporate and foundation solicitations, planned giving, and advancement services. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated financial acumen providing oversight and leadership to ensure fund stewardship.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period