Associate Vice Provost for Global Programs
Associate Vice Provost for Global Programs
Global engagement is a key priority at Penn State and is a foundation of the University's strategic plan: OUR COMMITMENT TO IMPACT--The Pennsylvania State University's Strategic Plan for 2016 to 2025.
Penn State's global engagement is multidimensional, broad-based, and spans the teaching, research, and service mission of the University. A globally ranked global Land-grant university with research expenditures in excess of $1B, Penn State sends approximately 3,000 students abroad every year to over 50 different countries through a diverse portfolio of academically grounded education abroad opportunities, and warmly welcomes over 9,000 graduate and undergraduate international students from more than 140 countries. In any year, we may host some 800 visiting international research scholars and a third of our research publications are with international co-authors at over 3,000 institutions outside the U.S. Penn State also has significant strategic partnerships with several universities around the world that leverage our joint physical and intellectual capital. The Office of Global Programs' strategic plan for 2020-2025 is designed to ensure pervasive global learning and research across the University, and to continue Penn State's elevation as a global university with a global identity for advancing knowledge, educating future leaders, and solving the world's greatest challenges.
To help in attaining those goals, Penn State is in search of an experienced faculty member with demonstrated academic administrative excellence to serve as Associate Vice-Provost (AVP) for Global Programs. The AVP works directly with the Vice Provost (VP) to provide leadership and oversight of as well as teaching in a wide array of Penn State's global activities. The AVP serves as deputy to the VP and may support any of the wide-ranging functions of the Office, with particular responsibility for developing and stewarding the University's strategic partnerships around the world. Reporting directly to the VP, the AVP is expected to supervise critical staff in Global Programs while working with faculty, administrators, staff, and students across the University and with our international partners to promote and implement the University's global engagement strategy.
The position is located at the University Park campus and serves all of Penn State's 16 academic colleges, 7 interdisciplinary research institutes, 24 campuses (including a graduate school, two law schools, and a medical school), the online World Campus, and our 100,000 students and 17,000 faculty and staff.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent with a current or previous tenured faculty appointment at a University with a research folio;
- Ten+ years of experience developing global research and/or international education programs;
- Administrative support for enhancing global engagement at the college or campus level
The Search Committee will also consider the candidates':
- Evidence of implementing international academic and/or research partnerships;
- Experience in working effectively on program development with faculty;
- Experience in effectively supervising professional staff with clear philosophies of leadership;
- Understanding of the changing global higher education landscape;
- Management of financial budgeting and budget administration;
- Demonstratable communication and interpersonal skills, and intercultural competencies;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and access, and equal opportunity;
- Evidence of planning and supporting international student success and education abroad;
- Willingness to travel domestically and overseas periodically;
- Proven global competence, through life experience, linguistic capacities, and/or living abroad.
Application review will begin on June 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled, with a target start date of August 2021.
Workforce diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply rooted in Penn State's historic mission. Just as we are committed to being a diverse educational environment, we are also committed to being a diverse working community. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusivity, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Associate-Vice-Provost-for-Global-Programs_REQ_0000013272-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency