Business Services Senior Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Bioengineering / Center for Inclusive Design and Engineering
Business Service Senior Professional
Position #759388– Requisition 21076
- Actively participate in strategic planning for the center.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, plans budget strategies for all funds, including general, gift, grant, clinical and auxiliary funds.
- Enters/uploads budgets as part of annual process for university.
- Creates and routes MOU’s and contracts for signatures.
- Handles cash receipts and deposits
- Completes journal entries, payroll expense transfers and funding distribution updates in University finance and HR systems.
- Manages accounts payable and receivable for CIDE. This includes invoicing for industry services and other auxiliary and interagency agreement accounts.
- Devises methods for efficient processing and reviewing of expenditures and recommends improvements as needed.
- Provides support for PeopleSoft/Concur/CU Marketplace users by being available to answer questions related to financial systems. Acts as Concur approver for the program.
- Processes travel requests, communicates travel policies, and prepares reimbursement requests in the Concur Expense System.
- Creates purchase orders, requisitions, payment vouchers, assists with vendor setup requests for SPO’s, and SPO vouchers in the CU Marketplace system. Assists with purchasing as needed and acts as budgetary approval on all purchase requests.
- Reconcile all CU Medicine and direct services revenue and expenses.
- Manages CIDE Gift Card programs
- Monitors all expenditures as to proper authorization, procurement method, funding distribution, supporting documentation, and compliance to University and College of Engineering, Design and Computing policies.
- Monitors all fund type budgets monthly; makes recommendations to the Executive Director and Director on budgeting matters and alerts on any possible problems.
- Assesses accounting, budget, grants and contracts processes for efficiency, internal controls, and functionality.
- Monitors expenditures to program speed types, with emphasis on those initiated outside the college.
- Develops spreadsheets and systems for tracking revenue and expenditures.
- Designs and updates internal forms to collect information required for financial reporting.
- Monitors monthly of clinical billing and financial reports.
- Serves as the Human Resource Business Partner interface with the university, ensuring compliance with hiring practices
- Posts new positions, creates letters of offer, completes all onboarding processes for new hires.
- Determines funds available for tuition remission, maintains records of individual scholarship funds sharing speed types, records and tracks payments to students.
- Ensures monthly funding distributions are in alignment with budget and project plans
- Ensure CU Medicine credentialing for all clinicians and Conflict of Interest for all faculty and staff.
- Performs as the Contracts and Grants Administrator.
- Routes internal grants and contracts in the university system
- Maintains and tracks internal grants to faculty.
- Assists faculty with grant budgets and acts as resource to CIDE team for grant applications.
- Supports director in compiling and analyzing data in order to generate bi-annual reports, or as needed.
- Provide financial and administrative support to annual fundraising events, ensuring compliance with university policy; donor support and recognition; and donor management.
- Schedule and monitor travel, procurement of goods and services for the organization and maintain updated records.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field.
- Two years of experience providing professional-level financial management and administrative support.
- Three years or more experience in an academic research university or similar environment.
- Experience managing, forecasting, and coordinating Division budgets and finances.
- Experience with CU portal including Marketplace, Concur Expense Management and Travel, m-Fin, PeopleSoft Finance System, HCM and Cognos.
- Previous Pre-Award grant management experience in an academic research university.
- Experience with various software programs including Microsoft Office Suite programs with emphasis on Excel.
- Experience providing administrative assistance to faculty, staff and students within a higher education environment
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds which also includes experience working with students, staff, faculty, within a higher education and/or academic environment and persons with disabilities.
- Professional demeanor and experience that demonstrates problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Professional communication, occurring with a variety of levels of faculty, administrators, and staff requires diplomacy and tact, flexibility (able to work with shifting priorities and deadline pressure) and the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- General knowledge of proposal submission systems such as Grants.gov, InfoEd and Fastlane.
- Demonstrate initiative by assessing systems, making suggestions for streamlining, cost savings, improving workflow and other process improvements.
- Back-up for business office coverage needs, including telephone and campus mail coverage, as well as triaging other needs
- Knowledge of UCAMC grant administration policies and procedures, rules and regulations for Purchasing, Travel, Procurement Card and fiscal matters.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including proficiency with pivot tables and formulas.
- Ability to adapt to changes in financial system practices.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing