Vaccine Coordinator -Casual Hourly
Vaccine Coordinator -Casual Hourly
Job ID: 2021-12328
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health Services
- The Vaccine Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Covid-19 vaccine management activities, including ordering vaccines, ensuring vaccines are stored and handled correctly, vaccine inventory tracking, and staff training. The Vaccine Coordinator ensures proper storage of vaccine in compliance with standards, maintains record keeping and appointment system, and maintains systems to assure high compliance with state regulation. Supervises entry of vaccine and immunization data to ensure compliance with state regulation and prepares reports as needed for the New Jersey State Department of Health.
Vaccine Management (95%)
- Ordering vaccines Overseeing proper receipt and storage of vaccine deliveries Is present when vaccine is delivered and immediately process it into inventoryDocumenting vaccine inventory information and organizing vaccines within storage units Setting up temperature monitoring devices Reading and recording storage unit temps a minimum of two times each workday Reading and recording current minimum/maximum temps from a digital data logger two times each workday Reviewing and analyzing temperature data at least weekly for any shifts in temperature trends Performing a physical inventory of all vaccine in stockRotating stock at least weekly so vaccine with the earliest expiration dates are used first Removing expired vaccine from storage units Responding to out-of-range temperatures (temp excursion) Maintaining all documentation, such as inventory and temperature logs Monitoring operation of storage equipment and systemsOverseeing proper vaccine transport (when necessary) Overseeing emergency preparations, including plans for ensuring safety of vaccine during emergencies Implementing the written emergency response plan, as necessaryTracking inclement weather conditions in order be prepared for power outages that might affect vaccine temperature maintenanceEnsuring appropriate handling of vaccines during disaster or power outage Accounting for doses of returned or transferred vaccines since the last orderCompleting and submit NJIIS daily reports
- Ability to supervise clinic staff including immunization nurses, as neededEnsuring that any staff who are involved in vaccine handling and administration are properly trained Assists in the development, review, and revision of vaccine policies, procedures and protocols
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- New Jersey license as a professional Registered Nurse. 3-5 years of nursing experience.Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automate External Defibrillator (AED) certifications.Flexibility and dependability. Attendance is critical.Skilled in independent decision-making. Ability to clearly and comfortably delegate tasks to others. Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm under pressure. Meticulous attention to detail. Excellent technical and computer skills.Thorough working knowledge of the CDC’s and NJDOH guidelines.Willingness to invest time in monitoring changes in a rapidly changing field.
- Previous experience as a Vaccine CoordinatorPrevious experience in Public Health SettingMSN